Ken jij al alle ins and outs van online dispute resolution?
Volg de module From procedural law to code: the legal framework of online dispute resolution en leer alles over dit actuele thema!
Dit programma wordt aangeboden door het CPO. Alle onderdelen worden in het Engels gegeven.
Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) has been gaining unprecedented momentum, and will impact the legal professions at an accelerating pace in the coming years. Yet, for many practitioners, the topic remains quite abstract: how do these online procedures work, and how can they be used to protect rights and resolve disputes? It is crucial for legal professionals to familiarise themselves with the legal framework regarding ODR, to understand how ODR interacts with offline dispute resolution, and to have a clear view of how ODR will impact your future practice.
- Insight in advantages and disadvantages of ODR
- A clear view of how ODR will impact your future practice
Deze module is door de NOvA erkend en levert je 3 PO punten op.
The module Online dispute resolution in action offers you the opportunity to experience a state-of-the-art ODR platform in practice. You will practise by performing tasks on the platform in different stages of a dispute. This will teach you how to think critically and independently about the practice of ODR, its advantages and disadvantages, and how it could evolve in the future.
The module Online dispute resolution in action covers the following topics:
- How is an ODR platform structured in practice?
- How does ODR differ from ‘offline’ dispute resolution?
- What can the parties do on an ODR platform, and how does this affect the ways in which they seek legal protection?
- What are the differences between asynchronous and synchronous ODR?
- What are the future avenues for further development of ODR?